If you've ever had the inclination to make your own home brewed beer but always wanted someone with expertise to show you how - here's your big chance. Homebrewers, here's your chance to show off your stuff and teach a buddy to make their own beer.
The American Homebrewers Association’s annual Learn to Homebrew Day is an international event to introduce people to the homebrewing hobby and establish relationships with local homebrew supply shops.
Each year on the first Saturday in November, homebrewers around the world are encouraged to invite non-brewing and brewing friends and family to celebrate Learn to Homebrew Day and brew a batch of beer together.
How does this event work?
Before the event, participants that are sponsoring Learn to Homebrew Day events can register their site on the AHA web page. These registered sites help the American Homebrewers Association track how many participants celebrated the event. People interested in learning to homebrew can simply show up to one of these events and participate.
Here's how the AHA suggests getting ready for Learn to Homebrew Day. (Copied in part from the AHA web site)
Before the event
- Register your Learn to Homebrew Day Site/Event.
- Or, view registered Learn to Homebrew Day sites to find a site in your area.
Yes, you can learn how to homebrew your own beer; it's easy, especially with the tools provided by the AHA to guide you through the process!
- Get Schooled - A great place to start for introductory information for beginners, as well as information for those homebrewers wanting to move to the intermediate, and advanced procedures.
- Zymurgy: An Introduction to Homebrewing. This special edition of Zymurgy (the Journal of the American Homebrewers Association) contains instructions, recipes, and the step-by-step process for brewing, fermenting, and bottling your first homebrew.
- Learn to Homebrew Video - Watching the 9-part Homebrewing Lessons videos, a series of short (~3 minute) videos, will take you through the whole brewing process.
- Find a Supply Shop - Your local supply shop will have ingredients, brewing equipment, books, and magazines to help you brew your first or sixteenth batch of beer.
- Join the American Homebrewers Association - see all the benefits of AHA membership and learn to make beer like the pros!
- Take your new homebrew recruits to your local homebrew supply shop to buy ingredients.
- Hold a special beer dinner for friends or family who you will teach to homebrew.
Where to find a Learn to Homebrew Event
Head to the American Homebrewers Association web site to find an event near you. Be sure to grab your homebrew supplies from your local homebrew shop.
No homebrew shop near you? Buy your homebrew supplies online from High Gravity Homebrewing Supplies. One of the best suppliers in middle America.
Be sure to participate (teach or learn) at one of the AHA events every year!
- Making a batch of extract homebrew.
- Creating a yeast starter for homebrewing.
- Tasting your first batch of homebrew.
- Choosing a fermenter for your homebrew.
This article came from FermentedlyChallenged.com
Help us grow. Forward this article to a friend and have them subscribe here