It's one of the most popular queries that Fermentedly Challenged gets each year. "What's happening at Falling Rock Tap House this year during GABF?" - The GABF (aka the Great American Beer Festival) attracts tens of thousands of people to downtown Denver each year for the annual pilgrimage of craft beer lovers. And while these people are there, they also want to explore around Denver and taste some of the best beers around. Falling Rock Tap House seems to be one of the best places that represents Colorado and craft beer and judging by the crowds they attract each year they too are a destination. Here is an excerpt from their website detailing out all of the GABF week events they plan to host.
[Direct message from Falling Rock Tap House] Here’s the post you’ve been asking for: the calendar of events so far for the 2014 Great American Beer Festival. Don’t forget we are kicking it off (and Denver Beer Fest Week) with the Fresh Hop Fest here at the Rock on Saturday, Sept. 27 from 12-4. And now the good stuff…
– 5:30 pm Falling Rock Tap House Annual GABF Tapping Party What better way to kick off GABF week than by enjoying the beers Chris pulls from his cellar and has been saving just for this little (ha!) party?
Wednesday, October 1st
– 3pm Crooked Stave Artisinal Importers (CO).
– 4pm Upslope (CO).
– 9pm Ballast Point (CA).
- 9:30pm (outside) Shelton Brothers Import Tapping.
– 10pm Cigar City (FL) – 11pm Schmaltz (NY).
Thursday, October 2nd
– 1pm Boulder Beer (CO).
– 2pm Rogue (OR).
– 3pm Lagunitas (CA).
- 4pm Magnolia (CA).
– 9:30pm (outside) Left Hand (CO).
– 10 pm Ommegang (NY).
– 10:30pm (outside) Green Flash (CA).
– 11pm Cigar City (FL).
Friday, October 3rd
– Noon Sierra Nevada (CA) Annual Kill A Keg. This event started when we noticed that we were pouring the season’s first keg of Harvest Ale really quickly. It started us thinking, just how fast could we pour a keg of beer? The rules are pretty simple: a 15.5gal keg, 1 person filling glasses out of one faucet.
– 1pm Boulevard Brewing (MO).
– 2pm New Holland (MI).
– 3pm Anderson Valley (CA).
– 4pm Epic Brewing (UT/CO).
– 9:30pm (outside) Taste of the Windy City.
– 10pm Stone Brewing (CA).
– 10:30pm (outside) Dogfish Head (DE).
– 11pm Elevation Beer Co (CO).
– 11:30pm Epic (CO).
Saturday, October 4th
– 4pm Avery Brewing (CO).
– 9:30pm (outside) Odell Brewing (CO).
– 10pm Firestone Walker (CA).
– 10:30pm (outside) Sun King (IN).
– 11pm New Belgium (CO) Always the Finale of Falling Rock’s GABF Week.
See more at: http://fallingrocktaphouse.com/2014-gabf-week-calendar/
This article came from FermentedlyChallenged.com - a Colorado beer blog. Don't miss another article. Subscribe to Fermentedly Challenged by RSS today.